Unravel more information about your DNA through 23andMe+! 23andMe+ is a membership that provides exclusive access to personalized Health reports and insights and advanced Ancestry features.
What’s included in 23andMe+?
- Get the complete 23andMe experience
- Access new personalized and actionable Health reports that you can share with your healthcare provider to help make more informed health decisions
- Use advanced Ancestry features to help you make deeper connections
Currently, 23andMe+ is invite-only for select Health + Ancestry Service customers on the current genotyping chip (V5). Check your email account to see if you’ve been invited.
You can view which chip version was used to process your sample from within your account. The genotyping chip version is listed in the Personal Information section of your Account Settings.
The 23andMe+ Experience
Gain access to reports and tools that are only available with a membership to 23andMe+. Some of our favorite new reports and features are:
- Pharmacogenetics Reports*: 23andMe Pharmacogenetics reports can tell you if you have specific DNA variants in three genes that may influence how you process certain medications.
- Heart Health reports and other exclusive Health Predisposition reports: Get exclusive genetic insights based on pioneering 23andMe research. Rather than looking at a few genetic markers to determine your risk, these exclusive reports powered by polygenic scores take into account customers’ genetic variants at hundreds or thousands of places across the genome to predict the likelihood of developing the condition.
- Premium genealogy tools: Use new filters to better search and find genetic matches, and view up to four times more DNA relatives.
New personalized Health reports
23andMe+ members will receive access to the new 23andMe Pharmacogenetics reports, which can help you understand if you have specific DNA variants in three genes that may influence how you process several medications. The best time to learn about your pharmacogenetics is before starting a medication, so these reports may be helpful now and in the future and can easily be shared with your healthcare provider.
Heart Health Reports
23andMe+ members will receive access to new Health Predisposition reports that focus on heart health: Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Artery Disease, High Blood Pressure, and LDL Cholesterol.
Other Exclusive Health Predisposition Reports
Advanced Ancestry Features
23andMe+ members will also be able to see four times as many matches in their DNA Relatives list, along with advanced filters for DNA Relatives. Available filters include:
- Ancestry Composition: Filter by matches with specific ancestry
- Haplogroup: Filter by matches with a particular maternal or paternal haplogroup
- Last Active: Filter by matches who have logged in to 23andMe within a particular time frame
Commonly Asked Questions
How much does 23andMe+ cost and where can I sign up?
At this time, 23andMe+ is invite-only. If you’re an existing customer on the V5 platform and Health + Ancestry Service, check your email account to see if you’ve been invited.
What do I get with 23andMe+?
- 23andMe Health + Ancestry customers who join 23andMe+ will receive exclusive access to Pharmacogenetics reports, the first of a series of premium health reports launching this year. Pharmacogenetics reports test for variants in three genes that may influence how you process several common medications, and includes a printable summary to share with healthcare providers.
- Exclusive Health Predisposition reports pertaining to heart health: Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Artery Disease, High Blood Pressure, and LDL Cholesterol
- New Health Predisposition reports on migraine headaches and uterine fibroids (female only)
- Advanced genealogy tools including an expanded DNA relatives list, and additional filters to sort DNA relatives by log-in activity, ancestry composition, and more.
I am an Ancestry + Traits Service customer. Can I get 23andMe+ features?
23andMe+ and 23andMe+ features are not available for Ancestry + Traits Service customers. Ancestry + Traits customers interested in 23andMe+ will need to purchase an upgrade to the Health + Ancestry Service to be eligible for 23andMe+. At this time, 23andMe+ is invite-only.
I was genotyped on an old chip. Can I get 23andMe+ features?
23andMe+ and 23andMe+ features are only available to customers genotyped on the V5 chip. Customers genotyped on an old chip will need to purchase a Chip Upgrade to become eligible for 23andMe+. At this time, 23andMe+ is invite-only.
Will I need to provide another saliva sample?
If you have the Health + Ancestry Service and were genotyped on the V5 chip, you will not need to provide another saliva sample to be able to receive 23andMe+ reports and features. However, if you were genotyped on a pre-V5 chip, you will need to purchase a Chip Upgrade, which involves providing a new saliva sample, to become eligible for 23andMe+. Only customers genotyped on the V5 chip are eligible to be invited to 23andMe+.
Can I cancel 23andMe+?
Yes. You may cancel your 23andMe+ service at any time. Please note that 23andMe does not pause or pro-rate memberships. 23andMe+ is non-refundable.
If you choose to cancel your membership before the end of your billing cycle, you will retain access to 23andMe+ until the end of your billing cycle (your membership expiration date). Once your membership period has ended, you will lose access to the reports and features that were provided to you under 23andMe+. You will retain the Health + Ancestry Service reports and features that you had access to prior to purchasing 23andMe+.
*The 23andMe PGS test uses qualitative genotyping to detect 6 variants in 3 genes in the genomic DNA of adults from saliva for the purpose of reporting and interpreting information about the processing of certain therapeutics to inform discussions with a healthcare professional. It does not describe if a person will or will not respond to a particular therapeutic and does not describe the association between detected variants and any specific therapeutic. Results should be confirmed in a clinical setting with independent genetic testing before taking any medical action. Warning: Test information should not be used to start, stop, or change any course of treatment and does not test for all possible variants that may affect metabolism or protein function. The PGS test is not a substitute for visits to a healthcare professional. Making changes to your current regimen can lead to harmful side effects or reduced intended benefits of your medication, therefore consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medical action. For a complete list of the 6 variants tested,, visit Pharmacogenetics Important Test Information.