This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.

I'm concerned about something I learned from my reports. What do I do?

If you are concerned about something you learned from your reports, you should contact your physician or other medical professional. Speaking with someone knowledgeable about clinical genetics is the best way to make sure that you have a clear understanding of what your data means for you personally. In some cases, your primary care physician may be the best place to start. In other cases, you might prefer to speak with a genetic counselor or a medical geneticist - health care professionals who specialize in hereditary conditions and who are specifically trained to help people understand their genetics in the context of personal and family history.

The National Society of Genetic Counselors or American Board of Genetic Counseling can help you find a provider in your area.

Still have questions? Contact Us

Submit a request



Mon - Fri
3am - 8pm PT
Sat - Sun
8am - 4pm PT
Was this article helpful?
14 out of 49 found this helpful