The 23andMe referral program allows you the opportunity to receive rewards based on purchases made from a specific link that you can share with family and friends.
In order to be eligible to participate in the program, you must be a current 23andMe customer, at least 18 years old, and a legal resident of the United States.
What is the 23andMe Referral program?
We want to reward our customers for telling their friends about 23andMe! When a friend or family member makes a purchase on 23andMe.com via your link, you will receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card (Terms and Conditions apply). The reward program is being run through Extole, a third party vendor of 23andMe.
How do I sign up for the program?
Simply visit https://refer.23andme.com/ and sign up using the email address associated with your 23andMe account to become an advocate.
- Once you have signed up, you will be able to share your unique link. This link will allow you to receive referral rewards for your friends’ 23andMe.com purchase.
- Follow the instructions to share your link with friends via email, Facebook or Twitter.
How is this different from the affiliate program? If I am currently an affiliate, can I also participate in the referral program?
23andMe has an ongoing affiliate program run through CJ Affiliate by Conversant (formerly Commission Junction). You may participate in the referral program regardless of your affiliate status.
How will I get credit for my friend’s purchase?
When your friends receive your link and click on it, they will be redirected to 23andMe.com. In order for your friend’s 23andMe purchase to go toward your referral count, your friends must use your specially provided link so that we can associate you with your friends. Once your friend’s 23andMe order ships, you have successfully generated a valid referral.
What is the reward and how long will it take to receive?
When you generate a valid referral, you will receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card via email within 30 days of the order shipment. Note that rewards are issued based solely on order placement and shipment, and neither the number of kits purchased nor the final purchase price affect the reward amount.
How do I see how many friends I’ve referred and how many rewards I’ve earned?
Checking the status of your rewards is easy - follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Refer a Friend account at https://refer.23andme.com/ - to log in, simply re-enter your signup email address.
- Click on the link labeled "Email My Stats."
- You may be prompted to enter a verification code that will be sent to your email address
- Enter the verification code and the status of your referrals will be displayed
Is there a limit on the number of referrals I can get credit for?
No, there is no current limit on the number of referrals you can generate. However, you will only receive credit for one order per person, meaning that if one individual places multiple orders using your referral URL, only one of them will result in a credit.
Can I receive credit for previous purchases?
No. Any purchases made without the use of your specific referral URL will not be tracked as part of the referral program and you will not receive credit for those purchases.
My stats show a pending referral. What is that?
A pending referral means your friend has completed a purchase on 23andMe.com, but their order has not yet shipped. You will generate a valid referral once your friend’s purchase ships.
If someone I refer requests a refund on his or her order, will that affect my reward?
If a referred order is cancelled or a refund is requested prior to the order being shipped, then you will not receive credit for this referral. Your reward is tallied when the order is shipped.
I haven’t received my reward. Where is it?
To investigate the status of your reward, we recommend the following:
- Check your stats on https://refer.23andme.com/ - Remember that orders must ship prior to rewards being generated.
- Check your inbox - you will receive reward information at the email address used when you signed up for the referral program. Be sure to double-check your spam filter as well.
If you are still missing your reward, feel free to contact us by submitting a request here.