To confirm that you are able to receive sharing invitations from other 23andMe users, you may need to update your privacy settings.
- Click on the profile menu in the upper right and select Account Settings from the dropdown.
- On the Settings page, click on the Privacy/Consent tab.
- Make sure that the box next to I do not want to receive sharing invitations from anyone is unchecked.
If you would like people to be able to search for you by name, you will also need to make your profile public.
- Click on the profile menu in the upper right and select Edit Profile from the dropdown.
- Under the Who Can See This column, set the dropdown menu for the information you would like to be published in your public profile to “all 23andMe members.” You must have your name published in order for other users to search for you by name and invite you to share genomes. The other information is optional.